At Cocoon, we believe that no two people are exactly alike and that no two individuals need precisely the same support.
Through our nominated service partner, Melbourne Carers Network, NDIS Participants in Cocoon accommodation can access Supported Independent Living (SIL) services, including Community Nursing. Support teams provided by Melbourne Carers network are experienced in providing support for Participants with significant functional impairment, complex behaviours, or very high support needs.
Bilingual and multicultural support staff offer choice, decision making, independent living, safety, and dignity for all our Participants.
Cocoon supports people to build skills and capacity so that they can meaningfully participate in their community, including through access to employment.
Our services include:
- Household tasks
- Accommodation / tenancy assistance
- Specialist Disability accommodation
- Community Nursing care for high needs
- Development of daily living and life skills
- Assistance with travel/transport arrangements
- Daily personal activities (assist personal activities)
- Assistance with daily life tasks in a group or shared living arrangement
Cocoon Group Services’s quality care services comply with the Six National Standards for Disability Services. These are a set of standards that ensure that disability services provide the highest quality services:
When a person wants to make a complaint, their views are respected, they are informed as the complaint is dealt with, and they have the opportunity to be involved in the resolution process.